Wednesday, January 30, 2019
The YMCA of Lethbridge Announces Program Reductions & Pool Closure Date for Stafford Branch
Lethbridge – This evening during an all-staff meeting the administration of the YMCA, revealed the decommissioning plan for its downtown Stafford branch. The following key points were articulated to the team:
- A branch closure date for the Stafford facility is still being determined. When the opening date for the Cor Van Raay YMCA at ATB Centre has been announced a closure date will be solidified
- As of end of day February 28, 2019, all programs will pause till the opening of the Cor Van Raay YMCA at ATB Centre
- The programs put on hold will include:
- All Fitness Classes, All Swimming Programming
- TGIF and Y Kids
- Evening Childminding
- As of end of day February 28, 2019, pool decommissioning will also commence
- As of March 1, 2019, access at Stafford will remain open to the following: Conditioning Centre, Weight Room, Courts, Gymnasium, Indoor Play Space, Functional Fitness Area
- As of March 1, 2019, Stafford Hours of Operations will change to 5am-9pm Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm Saturday, 10am-6pm Sunday. Childminding hours will now be 8am-1pm Monday – Friday and Saturday 8am-12:30pm
- As of March 1, 2019, Birthday parties will continue but no pool packages will be offered. Birthday parties at Stafford will continue till the weekend before closure of the Stafford Facility
The program reductions will allow the staff team at the YMCA to prepare for Stafford decommissioning and allow for adequate training and preparation for the new Cor Van Raay YMCA at ATB Centre.
Media Inquiries to Ross Jacobs, Director of Communications 403-942-3744 ext 21 or email@example.com.