Hours of Operation
- 8:00am-4:00 pm
- 9:00am – 1:00pm
The YMCA of Lethbridge offers a Child Minding Service for members and participants who require short term care for their children while they are using the facility for their health and fitness goals.
- Children 6 weeks to 7 years
- Children may visit the Child Minding area up to 3 times/week for a maximum of 2 hours/visit. Additional visits may be available the “day-of.” A cost will be applied regardless of the child’s age.
- Child Minding tags will be assigned to the parent/guardian and the child upon arrival in the Child Minding area.
- If a child has difficulty adjusting or exhibits signs of illness while in the Child Minding Area, a caregiver or YMCA Duty Manager will contact the parent/guardian promptly.
Booking a Child Minding Visit – Booking in Advance:
Advance booking is recommended to ensure space.
- YMCA Members can book 7 days in advance
As a courtesy, we ask that same-day cancellations be received a minimum of one day in advance. Cancellations without sufficient notice and “No-shows” will be charged $5 or for the amount of time booked, whichever is the greater amount.
Cancellations can be made by contacting the Child Minding area.
Booking a Series of Consecutive Child Minding Visits – Block Booking
Limited spaces are available. Block booking closes one week into each program session or once available spaces are filled. Further information about block booking can be found on the YMCA Lethbridge “Block Booking Form.” <– Click to Download
YMCA Child Minding Fees:
A member is defined as the infant/child or adult with a YMCA membership using the childminding service.
Financial Assistance is available. To learn more, contact Member Services.
Members: Payment for the entire session is due upon approval.
Non Members: Either pay each drop in visit or purchase a 10 hour credit for $40.
Payment may be made at the Member Service Desk before you collect your child. Please present a Child Minding caregiver with your receipt.
The YMCA is a shared experience for everyone to enjoy. Please treat everyone in accordance with our five core values of caring, respect, honesty, responsibility, and inclusiveness.
Child Minding Policies
- Parents/Guardians must remain in the building while using Child Minding services unless they are running outside (a cell phone number is required if running outdoors) and must ensure the tag is visible at all times.
- Children are to be dropped off and picked up promptly.
- Parents/guardians are to provide diapers, wipes and snacks that their child may require. Personal belongings are to be labeled and picked up each day. YMCA Lethbridge is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Due to the potential for serious allergic reactions, nuts and nut products are not allowed in the Child Minding area. Allergies should be brought to the attention of the Child Minding caregivers. Child Minding caregivers will not administer medication to children and medications should not be brought to the Child Minding Area. Emergency medications (such as Epi Pens) are an exception to this—please speak to a caregiver for more information.