Our newest child care centre will be opening soon.
We are now taking applications for care.
Our centre is licensed for children
Aged 19 months – 5 years.
Upon submission of this form, a member of our Crossing Child Care Team will be in touch. For frequently asked questions see our FAQ answers at the bottom of this page.
Request for Care Form
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this centre a $25 a day centre?
No, this centre is not a $25/day program. We will, however, have a subsidy for those who qualify.
Centre fees are as follows:
Full time, 4 to 5 days attended per week, $950
Part time, 3 days attended per week, $620
Part Time, 2 days attended per week, $430
Part time, 1 day attended per week, $200
Kindergarten Children (from Sept – June), $600
Do I have to be a member to bring my kids to the YMCA Crossings Child Care Centre?
No, you do not.
What will the centre hours of operation be?
The centre will be open Monday – Friday from 7:15am to 5:15pm.
How does YMCA Playing to Learn use play as a learning medium?
· Exciting playscapes are set-up throughout the centre to provide planned play activities based on your child’s interests
· Play activities incorporate the foundations of language and literacy, math and sciences, creative arts and
· Your child will actively explore and learn to become a self-directed problem solver, developing excitement for learning!
Why is a YMCA Playing to Learn centre different from other child care centres?
· Instead of bright primary colours, we create a calm environment conducive to learning by using lots of natural materials and by having living things like plants and fish for children to care for
· Instead of following a rigid schedule, children make their own choices based on their interests, joining small groups facilitated by an educator throughout the centre
· Giving children these choices allow our play environments to be calm yet stimulating which supports the development of self-regulation and of course, learning.