November 25, 2020
On November 24, 2020, @ 16:30 HRS, the Alberta government announced new COVID controls to help prevent the spread of COVID.
We continue to work as a team to keep the facility clean and safe for all patrons.
- Reduced capacities = 25% of the Fire Code Occupancy Rating
- Fitness centre capacity changed from 120 to 65 slots per booking
- Aquatics centre capacity changed from 120 to 100 slots per booking
- Mandatory face coverings when entering the facility (face coverings not required on the fitness floor or in the aquatics area)
- No group fitness classes or group sporting events
New Cardio Workout Space Coming Soon:
Our members will soon be able to enjoy a new cardio workout space.
Keep your eye out for updates on our website and social media platforms.
Virtual Classes Coming Soon:
To continue serving our community, the YMCA has launched YMCA at Home, a series of free online videos designed for members to engage with the YMCA virtually from the comfort and safety of their own homes. Topics are wide ranging and include:
- YMCA Health and Wellbeing Content
- YMCA workout Content and,
- YMCA programs and activities for children and families.
Further details regarding YMCA at Home will be available on our website and social media platforms in the coming days.
For more information, please see Enhanced public health measures | Alberta.ca
The YMCA of Lethbridge is a charity that relies in part from generous donors in the community. We encourage individuals and organizations that have been positively impacted by the YMCA to reach out and consider donating to help strengthen our community.
November 12, 2020
- Fitness Classes (including aqua fit)
- Gymnasium/Court bookings (This includes Basketball, Badminton, Pickleball, Volleyball, Indoor Soccer and Family Play)
- All Youth Sport Programs (Includes Homeschool and Adult Rec League programs)
- Fitness area including all strength-based training and cardio equipment
- Aquatics area including Lane Swimming and Recreational Swimming
- Private Swim Lessons
- Personal Training
- Child Care
Call us at 403-942-5757 with any questions you may have.
August 31, 2020
- Hot Tub & Steam Rooms are now open!
The Hot Tub max capacity is 10, the pool deck steam room max capacity is 3, and the Men’s and Women’s Plus Changeroom steam room max capacities are 2.
- Members and guests can now book up to three different timeslots per day.
Everyone is now allowed a maximum of one aquatic, one fitness, and one gym booking per person per day. Double booking the same category is NOT permitted.
- When your timeslot is complete, you will be required to exit the facility.
If you are attending anther programming area you will be required to re-enter and will receive your new wristband at that time.
- The north and south parking lots are open for all members and guests who have a booking.
Our screening process will now take place at our front desk.
- Members are required to show their booking confirmation email when you arrive at the scanning stations.
Drop-In guests are asked to proceed to the front desk for payment and check-in.
- All facility users are asked to show up no more than 5 minutes prior to their session start time.
All lobby areas remain closed, and no gathering in these areas is permitted.
- During booking & registration, all facility users will be required to confirm they are symptom-free for COVID-19.
- Change rooms/Showers are now open to all users but have limited availability.
We suggest you exit your activity early if you are requiring a shower and or need to change before you leave the facility. All changerooms will be cleared between sessions to allow time for cleaning and sanitation for all time slots.
- The City of Lethbridge Mask Bylaw is in force in all indoor public spaces.
Exceptions for mask removal are limited to physical activity (Fitness, Gymnasium, and Aquatics). Masks are required in change-rooms, hallways, washrooms, lobby.
- No bags are permitted on the weight floor, aquatics deck or in the gymnasium.
If no lockers are available please keep your bags in your vehicle.
- Hallways and public spaces are NOT open to visitors.
Traditional sitting and gathering areas remain closed to the public. Only those with confirmed bookings will be permitted access to reach programming areas.