Dec 08, 2020
As of Sunday December 13th, 2020, the YMCA of Lethbridge will temporarily close the Cor Van Raay YMCA at ATB Centre.
The closure is in compliance with an order by the Government of Alberta based on recommendations from Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer to close all recreation facilities in the province to aggressively manage rising COVID-19 numbers in our community.
While the Cor Van Raay YMCA is temporarily closed, our three YMCA Child Care Centres remain open. These include:
- YMCA Redwood Child Care Centre
- YMCA Crossings Child Care Centre
- YMCA Round Street Early Learning and Child Care Centre
The Cor Van Raay YMCA will be open regular hours until closing at 6:30pm on Saturday, December 12, 2020. Please note that all available booking spots have been filled leading to the closure.
According to the Government of Alberta, the current public health guidelines will be in place until January 10, 2021. For information about the guidelines, please visit: https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx
*Note that the original version of this message that was sent to members stated the Cor Van Raay YMCA would be closing Saturday, December 8, 2020. We checked the calendar and that isn’t a thing. It’s Saturday, December 12, 2020. Thanks to the eagle-eyed members who spotted our error.
No further payments for membership will be taken until the Cor Van Raay YMCA resumes services. We are holding your membership for you with no charges. There is no action required for members. Membership payments will resume upon re-opening and we will give notice to members when that date is known. We will be processing membership cancellations if required due to relocating, illness, etc.
Please know that depending on the timing of re-opening, the remaining days on your monthly membership from December will roll over to the next month that we re-open. You will receive full value for any amount of membership for which you have pre-paid when the facility re-opens.
Those members who have Annual Membership will be contacted directly.
Programs and Registrations
Day Camps – All Day Camps have been cancelled. Refunds will be issued for any payments made for Winter Day Camps.
Winter Session Programs – Winter Session programs (programs scheduled to start January 4, 2021) have been postponed indefinitely. If you registered for a program, you will be refunded.
Personal Training – If you currently are registered for personal training, your trainer will reach out to you directly to explore your options which may include virtual personal training, a hold on your pre-paid sessions or refunding your unused sessions.
Swimming Lessons – If you are currently registered for private swimming lessons, you will be refunded for any unused lessons.
YMCA at Home
While the Cor Van Raay YMCA is temporarily closed, your health and fitness goals aren’t.
To continue delivering our YMCA mission and help you with your healthy lifestyle, we encourage you to try YMCA at Home, a series of free online videos designed for members to engage with the YMCA virtually from the comfort and safety of your home. Topics are wide ranging and include:
- YMCA health and wellbeing content
- YMCA workout content and
- YMCA programs and activities for children and families
Keeping in Touch
In the coming days and weeks we will be using our website and social media channels for updates regarding the YMCA and a re-opening plan. Please visit those prior to contacting us with questions.
Website – visit lethbridgeymca.ca for the latest information available.
Email – [email protected] is your first point of contact for questions you have that could not be answered on the website.
Member Services Hours – During the closure, we will have limited Member Services staff available weekdays from 7:00am to 5:30pm. These hours are subject to change.
To reach Member Services, call 403-942-5757.
More than ever your generosity can make a difference in our community. That’s why we are encouraging members who have the means to continue paying the amount of their membership fee as a donation to the YMCA of Lethbridge until we re-open the Cor Van Raay YMCA. Making the switch is easy. Just visit https://lethbridgeymca.ca/membership-fee-donation and complete the form and read the details.
If that amount is not appropriate for your situation, any amount helps and you can give online now at lethbridgeymca.ca/give-today Any amount helps.
On behalf of everyone at the YMCA of Lethbridge, I want to thank you for your patience, kindness and understanding during this challenging time. The YMCA serves to improve the mind, spirit and body of our community. While we are able to continue helping children and families through our child care centres and YMCA at Home programming, we look forward to seeing you at the Cor Van Raay YMCA again when we’re able to safely re-open.
Note that this information is for context and may no longer be accurate
November 25, 2020
On November 24, 2020, @ 16:30 HRS, the Alberta government announced new COVID controls to help prevent the spread of COVID.
We continue to work as a team to keep the facility clean and safe for all patrons.
- Reduced capacities = 25% of the Fire Code Occupancy Rating
- Fitness centre capacity changed from 120 to 65 slots per booking
- Aquatics centre capacity changed from 120 to 100 slots per booking
- Mandatory face coverings when entering the facility (face coverings not required on the fitness floor or in the aquatics area)
- No group fitness classes or group sporting events
New Cardio Workout Space Coming Soon:
Our members will soon be able to enjoy a new cardio workout space.
Keep your eye out for updates on our website and social media platforms.
Virtual Classes Coming Soon:
To continue serving our community, the YMCA has launched YMCA at Home, a series of free online videos designed for members to engage with the YMCA virtually from the comfort and safety of their own homes. Topics are wide ranging and include:
- YMCA Health and Wellbeing Content
- YMCA workout Content and,
- YMCA programs and activities for children and families.
Further details regarding YMCA at Home will be available on our website and social media platforms in the coming days.
For more information, please see Enhanced public health measures | Alberta.ca
The YMCA of Lethbridge is a charity that relies in part from generous donors in the community. We encourage individuals and organizations that have been positively impacted by the YMCA to reach out and consider donating to help strengthen our community.
November 12, 2020
- Fitness Classes (including aqua fit)
- Gymnasium/Court bookings (This includes Basketball, Badminton, Pickleball, Volleyball, Indoor Soccer and Family Play)
- All Youth Sport Programs (Includes Homeschool and Adult Rec League programs)
- Fitness area including all strength-based training and cardio equipment
- Aquatics area including Lane Swimming and Recreational Swimming
- Private Swim Lessons
- Personal Training
- Child Care
Call us at 403-942-5757 with any questions you may have.
August 31, 2020
- Hot Tub & Steam Rooms are now open!
The Hot Tub max capacity is 10, the pool deck steam room max capacity is 3, and the Men’s and Women’s Plus Changeroom steam room max capacities are 2.
- Members and guests can now book up to three different timeslots per day.
Everyone is now allowed a maximum of one aquatic, one fitness, and one gym booking per person per day. Double booking the same category is NOT permitted.
- When your timeslot is complete, you will be required to exit the facility.
If you are attending anther programming area you will be required to re-enter and will receive your new wristband at that time.
- The north and south parking lots are open for all members and guests who have a booking.
Our screening process will now take place at our front desk.
- Members are required to show their booking confirmation email when you arrive at the scanning stations.
Drop-In guests are asked to proceed to the front desk for payment and check-in.
- All facility users are asked to show up no more than 5 minutes prior to their session start time.
All lobby areas remain closed, and no gathering in these areas is permitted.
- During booking & registration, all facility users will be required to confirm they are symptom-free for COVID-19.
- Change rooms/Showers are now open to all users but have limited availability.
We suggest you exit your activity early if you are requiring a shower and or need to change before you leave the facility. All changerooms will be cleared between sessions to allow time for cleaning and sanitation for all time slots.
- The City of Lethbridge Mask Bylaw is in force in all indoor public spaces.
Exceptions for mask removal are limited to physical activity (Fitness, Gymnasium, and Aquatics). Masks are required in change-rooms, hallways, washrooms, lobby.
- No bags are permitted on the weight floor, aquatics deck or in the gymnasium.
If no lockers are available please keep your bags in your vehicle.
- Hallways and public spaces are NOT open to visitors.
Traditional sitting and gathering areas remain closed to the public. Only those with confirmed bookings will be permitted access to reach programming areas.