YMCA of Lethbridge is actively building healthy communities – Join us in creating a better Lethbridge!
YMCA of Lethbridge opened its doors in 1910, since then we have evolved into a vibrant charitable organization where of thousands children, youth and adults access our programs and facilities.
We are much more than a gym, pool, and recreational facility – we strive to adapt to community needs, and ensure that our programs and facilities can be accessed by all who need them. YMCA of Lethbridge staff firmly believe that they are creating a positive impact in the community through their work at the Y. In our work, we deliver health and wellness programs, Aquatic and Fitness Leadership programs, community outreach, Preschool and Youth Day Camps, leadership development, childcare, and much more.
We serve diverse community needs through the YMCA and we are only just getting started. In partnership with the City of Lethbridge, we will expand our impact operating a new facility, The Cor Van Raay YMCA in 2019. This amazing new space will help us reach more people through our passionate volunteers, members, and staff.
How will you make an impact? Who will you become at the YMCA?
A career built on great values
Summer Day Camp Counselor
Employment Date: Mid–June 2018 to August 24th, 2018 Position: Hourly Salary Range: $13.80 per hour Hours: Must be available to attend some day time and evening training between June 18th – 29th, 2018 and work day camp shifts between 7:20am-5:30pm, Monday to Friday, for the duration of summer day camps.
Situation: The YMCA of Lethbridge offers day camp programs for children from 3 to 16 years of age. We offer a variety of camps, for all ages, with different learning experiences. We are planning many activities and trips during these camps, and promise a fun-filled summer for children and youth attending.
Nature and Scope: The incumbent will be guiding children in their physical, social, mental, and emotional development in accordance with the philosophy of the YMCA of Lethbridge.
- Providing constant care and supervision of all campers, ensuring a safe and fun camp program, including participation in daily swims
- Implementing the day camp program as planned
- Acting in a manner that is in accordance with the YMCA mission statement
- Conducting all principal requirements of the position, as detailed in the Summer Day Camp Counselor job description
- Attending all staff meetings
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR “C”, condition of employment
- Current Criminal Record check including the Vulnerable Sector through the City of Lethbridge Police Department, condition of employment
- Current Child Welfare Check, condition of employment
- Experience as a camp counselor, or related experience working with children preferred
- Experience in planning and delivering recreational, sport, and outdoor education programs
- A high level of maturity
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Good interpersonal skills
- YMCA camp leadership training preferred
Child and Youth Focused – Commits to assisting growth and development among children and youth
Concern for Health and Safety – Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values – Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of, and appreciation for, the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA
Quality Focus – Ensures that the YMCA programs and services are superior
Teamwork – Actively builds teams and encourages open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness
Please apply, in writing, with a resume and cover letter, by March 23rd ,2018 to:
Kristen Hatfield Manager of Youth and Family Programs YMCA of Lethbridge 515 Stafford Drive South Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 2L3
Only those who are being interviewed will be contacted. This position has been posted both internally & externally.
Posted: December 2017