You've Got Questions, We've Got Answers.
Covid Related Questions
- Show your proof of vaccination at the membership desk at your next visit
- Show proof of a private negative COVID test at membership desk at your next visit
- Show proof of medical exemption at membership desk at your next visit
The health, safety and protection of our members, participants, staff and volunteers is our first priority. For everyone’s protection, we’ve modified some spaces and amenities, and those modifications remain in place.
Here are just a few of the safety measures you’ll see when you visit the Y:
- Increased sanitization and disinfection
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations
- Removal of non-essential or difficult-to-clean equipment
- Plexi-glass barriers at Welcome, Membership and Weight Floor desks
- Contactless scan-in stations
- Removal of some lobby furniture
- Staff available to assist you
We uphold all AHS Guidelines to the highest standard. We strive to be a leader in the community to ensure that you and our employees and volunteers are safe
- As you enter our building you are acknowledging and confirming that you are COVID symptom-free
- You will see staff actively cleaning and ensuring that your experience is safe and enjoyable
- If you feel unwell, stay home and follow AHS Guidelines including isolating.
Yes. You will be charged your regular membership fee on July 1, 2021 if you were a member on hold in April 2021 when the facility was last closed for Health, Fitness and Aquatics activities.
If you’re not ready to return, no problem. You can extend your hold for up to another six months by completing the form here. https://lethbridgeymca.ca/membership-hold/
Yes, provided they are part of your family membership or pay the drop-in fee.
Safety is our number one priority. You may see fewer restrictions in place, however, you can enjoy your time knowing we are disinfecting at a high rate and following all Alberta Health Services Guidelines.
Yes, all change rooms are open effective July 2nd, 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. The facility is open for drop-in use by members and the public who purchase a day pass.
You are not limited in your number of visits per day or per week. Come see us as much as you like and crush your wellness goals!
We ask this in line with YMCA Canada Child Protection Polices.
Don’t have your I.D on you? No problem, we will try all possible options to serve you, including accepting pictures of your I.D on your phone!
We will also verify your I.D on your first drop in visit, so that the next time you visit you just need to verify your address and Date of Birth.
- Children 8 and older are able to access the facility by themselves.
- The Fitness Floor has specific age restrictions to access the floor by yourself:
- Youth ages 13 – 15 can access the floor once they have completed a fitness floor orientation. Fitness floor orientations can be booked at our fitness desk.
- Persons ages 16+ can access the floor without an orientation.
Yes! Through our Strong Kids Campaign, the Lethbridge YMCA raises funds to provide people in the community the opportunity to access our facility and programs at a subsidized rate.
For more information on the Assisted Membership program, check out https://lethbridgeymca.ca/assisted-memberships/
Our membership is a continuous monthly membership. When you sign up, you pay the prorated amount for the remainder of the month you signed up in which will set your bill date to the first of the month.
We require a method of payment on file for all memberships upon sign up. You are able to pay your membership dues in advance, however we still require the payment method in case the dues are not paid before the scheduled bill.
You can put your membership on hold for up to six months out of the 2021 calendar year. During the hold, you will not be billed nor will you have access to the facility. A hold can be placed on your account up until the 20th of the month before your next bill date.
You can place a hold on your membership by calling the Cor Van Raay YMCA at 403-942-5757, using our online hold/cancellation form HERE, or visiting us at the membership desk. We will be returning to our two (2) month holds in 2022.
Our membership hold/cancellation form can be found HERE. Please submit this form and we will take care of the rest and hope to see you soon!
As a note: the last day to submit a cancellation is the 20th of the month before your next bill date (always the 1st).
Yes, facility tours are available. Please inquire at any YMCA membership desk.
Yes. You may bring a lock from home or purchase one from one of our vending machines.
Under the “Schedules” tab, select the area you are planning on visiting.
From there, you will be able to see all the options for the day and up to two weeks in advance.
To ride the Flowrider, you must first fill out or have a parent fill out the waiver.
A copy of the waiver can be found HERE.
Once you have the waiver signed, you will be given a wristband from the Lifeguard station or the membership desk.
You must be 42” to ride on your knees and 49” to ride standing.