Plan ahead and register now for PD Days or Holiday Camps!
- October 19 and November 23 Cost is $25 for members, $35 for non-members
- Christmas Camp December 27 and 28 Cost is $25/day for members, $35/day for non-members
- New Years Camp January 2-4 Cost is $97 for members, $118 for non-members
- February Week Camp February 19-22 Cost is $130 for members, $158 for non-members
What if I can't come to the YMCA to pay?
As long as we have your registration form and all information necessary for your child, you may contact member services staff and pay over the phone with credit card.
Can I register for camp online?
Yes! Click the Program Registration button at the top of the screen to register online!
What time do camps run each day?
Camp programming runs from 8:30am – 4:30pm, however free pre-care and post-care is available from 7:30am-8:30am and 4:30-5:00pm for no extra charge.
What do I need to bring to camp?
- Appropriate clothing for weather conditions
- Comfortable, closed-toe footwear (running shoes). No flip-flops, crocs or sandals please!
- Swim Suit & Towel
- Water Bottle
- NUT FREE Lunch and Snacks
- Backpack to store your items
- Please leave electronic devices at home!
What can I expect my child to do at camp?
Lethbridge YMCA day camp programming provides campers with a broad range of activity options. Our emphasis is on creating experiences for campers based on the principles of YMCA Canada’s Healthy Child Development. We plan science experiments and crafts, enjoy outdoor play (weather pending), swim and stay active playing sports.
All campers will swim every day. Ages 3-6 are required to wear lifejackets in the pool, which are provided. All other campers (ages 7+) are required to pass a swim test that is determined by a qualified lifeguard. Campers who pass the swim test will be able to swim without a lifejacket. Any camper who does not pass the swim test, or who prefers to wear a lifejacket, will be provided with one.
What is required during drop off and pick up?
You will be responsible for signing your child in and out of camp. Only those who are on your safe pick-up list will be able to take your child home. YOU MUST HAVE PHOTO ID TO PICK UP YOUR CHILD.
Are there any requirements for children to come to camp?
All children must be potty-trained.
What type of screening and training do YMCA staff have?
All staff at the Lethbridge YMCA (from Camp staff to Janitorial staff) are required to have a clean criminal record check with vulnerable sector, child intervention check and child protection training. Camp staff go through weeks of training prior to camp start dates, and many have been camp staff for a number of years.